The garage door is the largest and heaviest door in a home. Garages are not only used for parking cars but also for storing trash cans, household supplies or for doing summer activities. Hence the garage door becomes the most used door of a household. If the garage door is not maintained properly it may become inconvenient, unsafe and noisy to use. So the homeowners should invest time and money for proper maintenance of these doors and undertake garage door repair if they notice any problems to stay away from accidents and mishaps.
These are some of the basic maintenance tips for garage doors that the homeowners should undertake regularly
- Check the metal tracks inside the garage for dents and flat spots. If they notice any, they have to pound them with a rubber hammer and a piece of wood.
- Check the mounting brackets which hold the tracks and tighten any loose bolts and screws.
- Check the tracks for proper alignment.
- Clean the tracks to remove accumulated dirt and grease.
- Check for any loose hardware like springs, bolts and hinges and tighten them.
- Check the bottom seal of the garage door to avoid leaking insulation and replace the rotted trims and tracks.
- Lubricate the chains or screws of your garage door opener regularly.
If the above steps do not solve the problem then it is time to find the best garage door repair service and assign the task to them. It is important you look into the following qualities of your repairman before you assign him the task as most repairmen try to up sell their products which results in huge costs for the consumer for a minor repair.
A genuine repairman should bring a price book containing all the parts and their prices and explain to you about the part to be repaired and what is the cost involved. He should carry with him all the available parts so that he can provide quick and fast service. The repairman should analyze the problem and suggest good solutions which are useful to you in terms of reducing the cost of repairs and increasing the lifespan of the product. He should brief you about all the different options available for the repair and analyze the consequences of each option to help you to pick up an option that falls within your budget.
Once you select a genuine professional and get your garage door services, you can be sure of its safety and security.